Designed by architect Emilio Isotta and built in Marina di Campo in 1948, this 50 room hotel was transformed into a residence, featuring independent apartments of two, four or six beds. It included a “V” shaped structure (the rooms), characterized by a long rectangular building (service areas), carefully designed to fully respect the environment and to spread in a fan shape across the pine forest, providing a sea view to as many rooms as possible. The intervention was very complex and limited to the interior spaces, due to severe restrictions preventing any changes to the external structures.
Island of Elba, Marina di Campo
w/ Arch. R. Menghi
Photo: P. Castiglioni